This data privacy notice concerns CuantTec Ltd (hereafter referred to as "CuanTec"), registered in Scotland with Company Number SC531370, office address:
Biocity, Bo'Ness Road, Newhouse, Lanarkshire, ML1 5SH.
Tel: +44 01698 536166.
If you have any queries regarding this policy please contact [email protected].
CuanTec is the data controller. This means CuanTec is responsible for how it uses and processes your personal data, and for complying with requests from you in relation to your personal data where appropriate under the legislation.
Who this policy applies to:
- Visitors to our website.
- Our investors.
- Attendees at our events or at our sites.
- Customers, suppliers and service providers.
- Employees and Directors.
How the notice applies to you will depend on the way you interact with us. For example:
- If you contact us with an enquiry through our web form, directly via the [email protected] email address, by phone, through social media or to one of our employees directly, we will use the information you provide to us to respond to your enquiry.
- If you provide consent to be contacted for keeping up to date about our products and services, we will contact you directly or via newsletter communications unless you exercise your right to be forgotten (by email or opt-out of our mailing list).
- If you visit our offices, labs or events we host we will collect personal data with your consent that will be essential to your safety and for administrative purposes and post-event/visit evaluation.
- When you sign a contract with us to provide a service, collaboration or employment.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual (data subject) who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in CuanTec’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Depending on the reason we store and process your data, we can collect and the following information:
- Information about your identity, comprising first name, last name, title.
- Contact information, including billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
- Employment information, including employer, job title, workplace address.
- Financial information, including bank account details, payment card details, and shareholdings.
- Transaction information, including details about payments to and from you, and other details of services you have received from us.
- Usage information, including information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and communications data, including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences.
- Personal information, including information about attending events and meetings.
How do we process your personal data and why?
CuanTec complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the performance of our contract with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example investment, contract research and development, collaborative research and development, financial transaction of services, employment contract) so we can:
- Fulfil our contractual obligations.
- Take or make payment.
- Provide you with open communication during our transaction or relationship.
- For our legitimate business interests
- To respond to an enquiry you initiate with us.
- To conduct market research and analysis, which helps to improve and customise our products and services.
- For marketing purposes, unless your consent is required for such marketing (see section below).
- To send you customer service emails such as reminders about visits, events and meetings.
- To maintain our records (employees and accounts for example).
- To track usage of our website through the use of Google Analytics.
- Where you’ve given consent
- To contact you with information about upcoming events, products or services via email or social media. Once you have given consent you can opt-out at any time by emailing [email protected] or by following the opt-out link on our correspondance.
- To process your health data and meet any accessibility requirements you have when visiting our premises or attending an event we host and explicit consent is provided.
- Where we have legal obligation
In relation to:
- Your employment.
- Social security or social protection laws.
- Collective agreement.
- Health and safety.
- Anti-money laundering.
- Tax compliance and competition laws.
Sharing your personal data:
We may have to share your personal data with the following parties for the purposes set out in this notice or to fulfil our contractual services with you:
- Third party product and service providers.
- Financial and non-financial intermediaries.
- Investors and funding bodies.
- Event venues.
- Government agencies.
How we look after your information:
Once we have received your information it is securely stored on our customer relationship management software or in secure cloud storage accessible only to contracted employees of CuanTec.
When transferring information in this way, there are strict rules in place to ensure your data is still protected to a high standard. Where we do this, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place including, where required, one of the mechanisms listed below:
- Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
- EU-US Privacy Shield.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Where you are representing your company, we will keep your details for the duration of your company’s contract with us. If you leave your company or your company is no longer contracted with CuanTec, then we will keep your details for 24 months in order to provide transparency to decisions you may have made.
If you contact us with an enquiry, we will respond to that directly and store this on our customer relationship management site for 24 months in order to provide transparency to decisions you may have made.
If we hold your details based on your consent, we will hold your data for 24 months and seek to secure reconsent within that timeframe.
Your rights and your personal data:
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR or any other corporate compliance or legal requirement, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which CuanTec holds about you.
- The right to request that CuanTec corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased or anonymised where it is no longer necessary for CuanTec to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- The right to request that CuanTec provides the data subject with their personal data in a commonly used electronic format.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Like many other websites, we use "cookies" to help us gather and store information about visitors to our websites. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
We use the following types of cookies on our site;
- Preference Cookie - At your request we may place a cookie to remember your preferences so that you do not need to re-enter your details (country/age and language preferences) on our gateway page. This is not suitable if you share your computer with someone else.
- Social Sharing - This is a cookie that identifies you with social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and allows interaction between your activity on social networking sites and on our website through your direction, and makes your transition between the sites more seamless.
- Content Management cookies - These are cookies required for the content management system that our web site is based on to work.
- Template preference cookies - These cookies are necessary for mobile sites to enable the site to look and feel the way it is intended to.
- Site Analytics - We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our website. The information used by Google Analytics is collected in an anonymous form and stored by Google for 26 months, enabling us to perform year on year comparisons. For more information about Google Analytics please visit https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in the first instance please contact Cuantec using [email protected]. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.